This course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge to carry out hazard identification/risk assessment in company.
It is aimed at Supervisory/Management personnel with a responsibility for Health & Safety issues.
- Legal Requirements – employer responsibility and definition of risk assessment- importance of risk assessment
• Identification of hazards – definition of hazards associated with an activity/process and breakdown of activities into component parts
• Risk evaluation – assessing severity, judging frequency, rating methods, determining action
• Control measures/Hierarchy of control
• Recording and reviewing findings- make recommendations
- Conformance to the Health & Safety at Work Regulations (1999)
• Reduced risk of accidents and incidents
• Reduction in company costs due to reduction in incident related costs
• A nationally recognised transferable qualification