The aim is for delegates to be able to lift and handle loads in a safe and efficient manner, reduce the risk of injury and conform to the 1992 EEC Legislation.
This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety Executive.
Duration: Half Day.
Target Group: Anyone involved with the lifting and handling of loads.
• Show how it is possible to keep body stress to minimum in a number of given handling activities.
• Identify immediate and cumulative effects of strain and sprain injuries • Practical exercises on correct lifting techniques, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Twisting
• Repetitive strain injuries, use of hand mechanics
• Group Lifting
• Adopting a positive attitude towards safe systems of work
• Suggest ways to eliminate or control any handling hazards or unsafe handling practice within their area of control
• Course review and evaluation
• Reduce the number of manual handling injuries
• Reduction in company costs due to reduction in incident related costs
• Reduce the number of lost working hours
• Improve productivity of the workforce
VIEW COURSE DATES